Genesis 3:15 Hebrew


Genesis 3:15 Hebrew


hello and welcome to my weekly Hebrew although I don't think it's gonna be Hebrew for very long because I've been doing Hebrew a very long time and I usually alternate between a long time in Greek and a

 long time in Hebrew but I've been doing Hebrew for a long time so I think I'm going to switch after next week next week I'm gonna do one more session in Hebrew and then I think I'm gonna go to a verse a week


 from revelation because that's what I'm doing my through the Bible podcast on but today genesis 3:15 have you ever noticed that there are a number of important 315 3:16 verses John 3:16 first Peter 3:16 or is it

 15 might be 15 but anyways second Timothy 3:16 not important 3 15 verses anyway interesting well this is our Hebrew for today so let's start see if we can translate that if

 you're good at Hebrew here is my translation the AVA and hatred a sheet I will put Bane the cob between you who vain ha ha and the woman who vain Zara Zara Zara kha and between your seed and that's where this line is so what we just said the AVA and

 hatred so there's the Bob and and then a ba is hatred the context is God is talking about the consequences of the sins of Adam Eve and the serpent and so he starts off talking to the serpent by the way Genesis does not say that the serpent is Satan now hindsight

 in hindsight theologically I believe the serpent was Satan however in my opinion at the time the Genesis was written Israel did not yet understand that there was a Satan in

 my opinion the idea of Satan is a concept that God didn't turn the lights on in regard to until after the exile and so I do not believe that Israel yet understood the function of the Satan at this time and so the very first Jewish literature in which the serpent is identified

 as Satan is not until the first century BC within within a hundred years of Jesus is the very first Jewish literature that references the serpent as Satan not even the book of Jubilees which is in 150 BC references the

 serpent as Satan it is amazing and so in hindsight I do believe the serpent was Satan but none of the Old Testament authors understood that well I mean they may have but they didn't say it now that's for sure okay interesting tidbit well let's let's uh let's keep

 going here so here are the consequences to the serpent for this sin and hatred I will put now this is an imperfect imperfect put things on the front perfect put things on the end and so the olive here is where the eye comes

 from and then sheet is to put or place so I will put hatred and hatred I will put and of course serpents and humans don't get along very well do they and I will talk about the kind of Messianic interpretation of this verse

 in a second but it is important to realize that the Old Testament what did not understand the Messianic interpretation is first there is no indication in Genesis or anywhere else in

 the Old Testament that this verse was taken in a messianic sense in fact there's barely anything in the New Testament there's some hints they're hints in the New Testament that the New Testament Christians took this verse

 messianic lis so again I have no problem with multiple readings of a verse right now I want to focus on what the original meaning

 of the verses and the original meaning of verses snakes and people they ain't gonna get along anymore in fact I'm not sure they ever did although Eve talks to the serpent just fine but anyway and hatred I put baina

 cob between you so bein is between and then kah is you between you and vain and between ha ha and the woman so the the the hey on the front is the word the normally it

 would be hey Petaling but olives don't do doubling it's not in their contract so he tried to tune we tried to shoot a doggish into the olive and it bounced back Joan ricocheted and made it come on it's out of a good talk anyway it's not true at all ok so an between the woman who vein and between czar ha ha are probably czar akka usually in this

 situation the second to last syllable is accentuated like in here bay naca but bay neck us probably how it's pronounced and so this would be za Rekha your seed Zara K is Arras or us a seat we your seed who vein czar ah and her seed okay and between her seed this hey with am a peak in it says that

 this is a true hey consonant a lot of that time of like kamat say that's a vowel letter this come on piggybacking on the hey and it's really empty it's just aa it's not it's not a consonants not solid but a hey with him a peak in it now that's a real hey czar and if

 this means her her seat and between her seat who is he Hebrew is a language where who is he and the word he is she and dog is fish and me is who anyway a memory stuff okay and he Yahshua FATCA another one of these cause on the end so your your heel oh

 I'm sorry he will bruise you so who will bruise you it's a masculine with the yote on the front so it's the seed masculine the seed will bruise you now again the original meaning is very limited here it's simply saying the seed of the woman in other words guys and of course girls too my wife stepped

 on a brown recluse in broad daylight this past weekend I mean it was a huge spider she just smacked that thing now I've had some experience with her and snakes and I probably wouldn't be quite so bold I might not be either but let's just say humans and snakes don't get along and certainly I have

 no problem with using a shovel to I you know have my way with a snake anyway usually I use a car that's not important right now but humans and snakes don't get along

 there's hatred between the snake and the woman and between the children of the women Dada I'm a children of a one and snakes there's still hen enmity and uh I crush the head of the snake but whenever I

 see a snake I like to crush your head now coral if it's a nice little grass snake fine no problem but anyway he will bruise you got it

 God is talking to the snake on the head Roche eye he will he will bruise your Roche and Atta and you you will bruise him that is the snake will will bruise him on the heel so this is about again I prefer to use a shovel than my heel but this is a verse that are rigid

 in the original meaning of this first is simply saying as a result of this humans and snakes are not going to get along together humans are gonna stomp on your head and it's gonna bruise your head gonna bruise his heel too and you know humans and snakes

 they're just not get along anymore okay so there you have kind of the original meaning now of course around the time of Christ the serpent came to be understood to be Satan and of course I believe that's a an accurate

 interpretation again it's not the Old Testament has no indication that it understood that and it's not until around the time of Christ that at that understanding arguably arises but the New Testament then

 understands the seed of the woman here to be Jesus and Jesus is the one who crushes the head of Satan victoriously as he rises from the dead he defeats the one having the power of death that is the devil he stomps on on the devil's head now again even though

 that's a pretty standard Christian interpretation this verse it's really more a matter of Christian tradition than even the New Testament there are only some slight slight hints of it so for example romans 15 where Paul says may may God trample Satan under your feet so it's not even talking about Jesus there in Romans Paul is talking about

 God crushing Satan under the feet of the Christian community at Rome and then of course the great serpent is mentioned in Revelation as well which is a reference to to Satan so interesting how we get with it is often difficult for us to tell the difference between Christian tradition and and what

 the and listening to the text in this case there's at least a double layer maybe actually a triple layer of potential Christian meaning to this verse the original meaning the Jewish meaning the the Genesis meaning is snakes and people aren't going to get along then there's the God will crush Satan under your feet the meaning that refers to the church

 defeating Satan which is the Romans meaning and then there's the kind of Christian meaning where this is a a kind of a prophecy of Jesus not a prophecy in the mind of Moses say or of the author of Genesis but a prophecy in the in the understanding of the church a theological reading of the verse well there you have it genesis 3:15 back next week for our final verse in Genesis 


God bless you 


Bible news x 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how to pronounce peniel in the bible

Liberalism Comes in Right-Wing and Left-Wing Varieties. Christians Should Reject Both.

Christian Aid Agencies Have a New Approach to Famine